- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, kernels removed
- 1 medium poblano pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and cubed
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
For the cilantro-lime dressing:
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, tightly packed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium lime, peeled and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 475°F. Cook the rice according to the package instructions,
In a medium-sized bowl, toss the fresh corn kernels, diced poblano pepper, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt together. Spread the corn evenly on a baking tray and roast for 8 minutes, tossing midway.
Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant and deeply golden. Add the rinsed-and-drained black beans, cumin, and freshly cracked black pepper, and toss to coat. Deglaze the pan with the vegetable broth and cook until the liquid reduces to half.
Prepare the cilantro-lime dressing by blending the cilantro leaves, garlic, lime, scallions, sour cream, olive oil, and salt together until smooth.
Divide the brown rice evenly between 2 bowls. Top each bowl with a serving of the roasted corn, black beans, cubed avocado, and cherry tomato quarters. Drizzle the dressing over the top of each bowl, along with the crumbled cotija cheese.
Serves 2. From The Kitchn