- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 roasted beet, grated
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup shelled roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a large bowl combine the carrots, garbanzo beans, beets, green onions, cilantro and chopped pistachios.
In another bowl, whisk together olive oil, zest and juice of limes, cumin, nutmeg, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle in the feta cheese and toss lightly. Serve immediately or cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serves 3. From Joy the Baker