- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced and cut into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks
- 4 medium cloves garlic (1 minced, 3 thinly sliced), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, torn into rough chunks and drained
- 4 ounces feta cheese, roughly crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and light green parts only
Divide dough into 2 equal parts and place each in a covered quart-sized deli container or in a zipper-lock freezer bag. Allow to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours before baking.
Combine zucchini and minced garlic in a medium bowl. Add kosher salt and toss to coat. Transfer to a strainer and set over the bowl. Let rest for 30 minutes. Squeeze zucchini with your hands to remove all excess moisture. Transfer zucchini to a paper towel–lined plate and set aside until ready to use.
Adjust oven rack to 6 inches under broiler and place stone or steel on rack. Preheat oven to highest possible temperature (500 or 550°F) for at least 45 minutes.
When ready to bake, turn one dough ball out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently press out dough into a rough 8-inch circle, leaving the outer 1 inch higher than the center. Gently stretch dough into a 10- to 12-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick, by draping over knuckles and gently stretching. Transfer to floured wooden pizza peel.
Preheat broiler to high. Spread 1/4 of mozzarella over pizza, followed by a few lemon rings, 1/4 of zucchini, 1/4 of feta, and 1/4 of thinly sliced garlic. Sprinkle lightly with salt and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Transfer pizza to hot stone or steel and broil, rotating regularly for even cooking, until edges are puffed and lightly charred and bottom is crisp, 3 to 6 minutes total. Retrieve pizza with a metal peel and transfer to a cutting board. Allow to rest 1 minute. Meanwhile, switch oven back to 550°F to reheat stone for remaining pizzas.
Sprinkle with scallions, slice, and serve immediately
Serves 2-3. From Serious Eats