- 1 layer of chocolate cake (I like the Baked cookbook’s recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup crumbled Oreo cookies plus more cookies for topping
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
Bake cake and allow to cool completely.
While the cake is cooling, make the whipped cream topping. In a medium bowl whip the cream, powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla to soft peaks. Add the cookie crumbles and fold to combine.
To top the cake, dollop whipped cream on top of the cooled cake and spread into an even layer. top with strawberries and cookie crumbles. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
From Joy the Baker