- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 3/4 cup lightly packed shredded carrots
- 1 1/4 cups milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp freshly grated ginger (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger or 1 1/2 tbsp candied ginger)
- 2tbsp raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnut or pecans
Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease an 8 by 8 casserole dish
In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: shredded carrot, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and ginger.
Add the wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined. Pour mixture into prepared dish and smooth out with a spoon. Press down on the oatmeal with a spoon so the oats sink into the milk. Sprinkle on the walnuts and raisins and press down lightly again.
Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden along edge. The oatmeal will still look a bit soft or wet in some spots when it comes out of the oven, but it will firm up as it cools.
Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Top with a drizzle of maple syrup and/or yogurt if desired.
Serves 3. From Oh She Glows