- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound kale, stems removed, and chopped into ribbbons
- 1 small sweet apple cored and cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp toasted walnuts, crumbled
Peel and mince garlic cloves. In a medium bowl, mix together garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, cider vinegar, soy sauce, and salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
Massage dressing into kale and let rest for a few minutes. Top with apples and toasted walnuts.
Serves 2 (with extra dressing). From The Bitten Word