- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Hefty pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, shredded coconut, almonds, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, and salt together. Drizzle in the maple syrup, coconut oil, tahini paste, and vanilla extract. Toss to coat.
Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. The granola is done when deeply golden and toasted. Cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week or in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Makes about 5 cups. From The Kitchn