- 2 cups old fashioned oats or gluten-free oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups regular or coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly (or browned butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Toppings: coconut flakes, dried fruit, nuts
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 square baking dish and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, coconut oil (or butter), and vanilla.
Pour the milk mixture over the oats and stir until combined. Add in the zucchini and stir again. Pour oat mixture into prepared baking dish.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes. Spoon into bowls and top generously.
Serves 4. From Two Peas and Their Pod