- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Fleur de sel or other sea salt, to finish
Preheat an oven to 375ºF. Line a standard half sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the maple syrup and Demerara. Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the herbs, spices and salt.
Toss the pecans with the butter mixture in a large bowl, making sure to coat well. Spread nuts in a single layer on the prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven, turning occasionally, until the nuts are glazed and shiny with a deep golden colour, around 12 to 15 minutes. Upon removing from the oven, sprinkle lightly with fleur de sel and stir again.
Cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
From Seven Spoons