- 1 tablespoon crushed pink peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated Ruby Red grapefruit zest
- 6 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 firm, ripe Hass avocados—halved, pitted and cut into very thin wedges
- 1 fennel bulb—halved, cored and very thinly sliced lengthwise (2 cups)
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
In a bowl, whisk the grapefruit zest with the juice, oil and dill.
On a serving platter, layer the avocados, fennel and apple, overlapping them slightly. Drizzle the grapefruit vinaigrette over the crudo and sprinkle with pink peppercorns and salt. Serve immediately.
Serves 4. From The Bitten Word