- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 1 ear of corn, boiled and shucked, kernels sliced off
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup crumbled corn chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves and tender stems
Combine beans, onion, corn, and jalapeño in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, vinegar, chili powder, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and whisk again.
Toss vinaigrette with black bean mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. When you’re ready to serve the salad, add corn chips and cilantro and stir to combine. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Serves 4 as a side. From Serious Eats