- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, softened to room temperature (but not liquid)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the overnight oats:
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons dried blueberries or 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup yogurt
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place all of the topping ingredients into a small bowl. Rub the coconut oil into the other ingredients using your fingertips. Pour the mixture onto a cookie tray lined with baking paper and bake for 5 minutes. Stir the mixture, then return to the oven for another 2 minutes. Leave to cool before transferring to an airtight container.
Split the oats, chia seeds, dried blueberries, vanilla, almond milk, and coconut yogurt between 4 jars or other containers with lids. Screw on the lids and shake well until combined. Chill overnight in the fridge or for up to 4 days.
In the morning, stir the oats. Sprinkle the pie crust topping over top just before eating.
Serves 4. From The Kitchn