- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup granola
- 2 tbsp raw or turbinado sugar
Grease muffin pan or line pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate medium bowl, mix coconut oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract together.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula. Stir until just combined. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, letting batter rest while it preheats.
Gently fold in the mixed berries and granola. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, and sprinkle muffins with raw sugar. Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
From Two Peas and Their Pod. Makes 12 muffins