- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 8 1/2-inch thick slices whole grain baguette, toasted
In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, oregano, and black pepper, mixing well. Very slowly, add the olive oil, whisking constantly, until well-emulsified.
Stir in the cilantro and very carefully, fold in the avocado cubes, tossing to thoroughly coat with the olive oil mixture.
Spoon onto the toasted baguette slices and sprinkle with additional sea salt, if desired. Serve immediately.
Serves 4 as an appetizer, 2 as a light main. From The Curvy Carrot