- 150 grams (1 1/2 cups) rolled oats
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) sliced almonds
- 25 grams (1/2 cup) unsweetened coconut chips
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) raw pecans, whole or chopped
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 85 ml (1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp) maple syrup
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Dried cherries, optional
Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, seeds, almonds, coconut chips, pecans, light brown sugar, and salt. Stir to mix. Add the olive oil and maple syrup, and stir until well combined. Spread the mixture in an even layer on the prepared sheet pan. Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until the granola is golden brown and toasted, about 45 minutes. Remove the granola from the oven, and season with more salt to taste. Cool completely on a wire rack. If you’d like, stir in some dried cherries. Store in an airtight container.
Note: Will keep at room temperature for up to a month.
From Orangette. Makes about 4 cups