- 1 small carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sweet white miso
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or another neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon water
For the salad
- 1/2 medium head of lettuce or mixed greens of your choice
- 2 tbsp red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thickly sliced
Whiz the carrots, shallot and ginger in a blender or food processor until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides, then add the miso, vinegar and sesame oil. While the machine running, slowly drizzle in the grapeseed oil and the water.
Divide the lettuce among two bowls, add the onion and avocado. Drizzle with plenty of dressing and serve.
From Smitten Kitchen. Serves 2