- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked, kernels removed
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 ounces feta or cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup finely sliced scallion greens
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and stemmed, finely chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Chili powder or hot chili flakes, to taste
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over high heat until shimmering. Add corn kernels, season to taste with salt, toss once or twice, and cook without moving until charred on one side, about 2 minutes. Toss corn, stir, and repeat until charred on second side, about 2 minutes longer. Continue tossing and charring until well charred all over, about 10 minutes total. Transfer to a large bowl.
Add mayonnaise, cheese, scallions, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice, and chili powder and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and more chili powder to taste. Serve immediately.