- 4 pieces of naan
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- zest and juice of one half of a lemon
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 carrot, thinly peeled with a peeler
- 1 cup sprouts or greens of choice
Rinse and drain the chickpeas. In a food processor, give the beans and cilantro a 2-3 quick pulses just to rough them up, you don’t want a paste. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the tahini, lemon juice and zest, pinch of red pepper flakes, feta, olive oil and lots of fresh ground pepper. Stir to blend. Add a tiny splash of water if it looks too dry.
Combine the onion and vinegar in a bowl with a pinch of salt and toss with your fingers to coat just to soften them a bit. Make each sandwich with a hearty swipe of the chickpea mash, a generous layer of onions, carrots, and greens.
From Sprouted Kitchen. Serves 4