- 2 ounces sweet potato vermicelli noodles (dang myun)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dried shitake mushrooms, soaked in water for 30 minutes, drained, and sliced
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha, sambal, or other chili sauce
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/4 of a cucumber, julienned
- 2 scallions (white and green parts), chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Salt, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the noodles until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain again, and set aside.
Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and mushrooms, and stir fry until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the spinach, noodles, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar. Turn the heat down to low and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Turn off heat, toss in the carrot, cucumber, and sesame seeds, and season to taste with salt.
From The Kitchn