- 1 recipe of pasta dough
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 oz finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
Heat butter in a skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then saute onion, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes. Add artichoke hearts and saute, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Transfer mixture to a food processor and add remaining ingredients. Pulse until mixture is coarsely chopped.
Roll out pasta and assemble ravioli, being careful not to overstuff. Bring a 6- to 8-quart pot of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli, carefully stirring to separate, and, adjusting heat to keep water at a gentle boil, cook until pasta is tender, about 6 minutes.
From Smitten Kitchen