- 10 (1/4-inch thick) slices French baguette
- Olive oil, for brushing baguette slices
- 1 cup cannellini or white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. On a large baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Using a pastry brush, brush the baguette slices lightly with olive oil. Bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes, rotating halfway through. Remove the bread from the oven and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine white beans, artichokes, spinach, basil, garlic, lemon juice, and feta cheese. Stir gently. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Spoon spinach and artichoke mixture onto the toasted baguette slices. Serve immediately.
From Two Peas and Their Pod