- 2 large eggs
- 2 thin slices of peasant bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 pound asparagus, any tough ends trimmed and stalks cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup packed salad greens or kale
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium red radish, very thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 375°. Put the eggs in a saucepan of water and bring to a simmer. Cover and let stand until cooled, about 10 minutes. Peel and slice thickly.
Spread the bread pieces on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. On the other side of the sheet, toss the asparagus with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes, until bread is nicely browned and asparagus is well roasted.
In a salad bowl, combine the olive oil with the vinegar; season with salt and pepper. If using kale, toss it with the dressing and let it sit for about 15 minutes before adding other ingredients. Toss the asparagus, toasted bread, greens, onion and cheese with the dressing. Garnish with the eggs and radish and serve.
From The Bitten Word