- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 large onions, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme and/or oregano
- 1/4 cup grated gruyere cheese (or parmesan)
- 10 white or cremini mushrooms, washed and stems removed
In a medium skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very soft. Splash in wine, Worcestershire, and thyme. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until liquid is cooked down. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 325. Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Throw in mushrooms and toss around for 2 minutes, just to start the cooking process.
Place mushroom caps face down in a baking dish. Heap cavity with sauteed mushrooms, then sprinkle Gruyere over the top. Bake for 10 minutes then turn on broiler and cook for 2 minutes until cheese is browned and bubbly.
From the Pioneer Woman