For the vinaigrette:
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2/3-3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely shaved parmesan (~1 oz)
For the salad:
- 1 bunch Kale, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Parmesan, shaved (for garnish)
Add the garlic, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, a pinch of salt, and black pepper to a bowl and whisk together. Let stand at least 15 minutes and up to overnight
Slowly stream in the olive oil while whisking and then stir in the parmesan.
Heat a dry non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add the pine nuts. Toast for 4-5 minutes, stirring once or twice until sides are golden brown.
Coarsely chop kale and add to a large bowl. Lightly toss with a few tablespoons of dressing and garnish with toasted pine nuts and shaved parmesan.
From Confections of a Foodie Bride