- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 1/2 cups shredded yellow zucchini
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- zest and juice of half a lemon or orange
Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and oil until well blended. Add eggs, mix well. Fold in zucchini and raisins. Add in flour mixture. Beat until well combined.
Pour batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before frosting.
To prepare frosting, mix all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Pour frosting over the top of cooled cake and spread around as needed