From Two Peas and their Pod
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or shredded coconut or walnuts
Toss shredded zucchini with salt and let sit in a colander for 30 minutes. Squeeze as much moisture as possible out before using
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars, mix until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract. Next, add the shredded zucchini. Mix until combined. Slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries.
Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.